Surviving the Hurricado

Hi everyone. Thanks to those of you who were able to navigate the hurricane-force winds and the fallen trees and make it to Rathaus for class tonight. For those of you who tried but were turned away by traffic snarls, don’t worry, it’s quite understandable and it won’t affect your participation grade. I was in my office (in the bowels of Klapper) during the storm and didn’t realize until I came out for class how fierce it had been. And it wasn’t until I tried to drive home that I realized how paralyzed the borough had become.

We did have a good discussion tonight inspired by Havelock and Plato and touching on Jay-Z and Jessica Simpson. Next week we will move on to Walter Ong (that reading is on the site) and probably Paul Zumthor and/or Marshall McLuhan (I will put those up in the next few days). I made one request in class tonight that I’d like to pass on to all of you for next week: although your posts have been brilliant so far, I’d like to get more discussion (back and forth) going on the blog, so this week please make a point of quoting and responding to what someone else has said. And feel free to write shorter answers, and to double-, triple-, or quadruple-post.

1.   tviv.org

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve
    put in penning this site. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by
    you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing
    abilities has motivated me to get my very own blog now ;)

2.   miumiu バッグ

http://www.oakleysaleclubs.com/oakley-radar-category-70.
    html
    Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .

. Anyhow, very good site!

3.   クロムハーツ 新作
  4.   loius vuitton handbags clearance

Hi there, its pleasant piece of writing about media print, we
    all know media is a wonderful source of data.

5.   loius vuitton handbags clearance

Hello There. I found your weblog using msn.
    That is a really neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark
    it and return to read extra of your useful information.

Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

• Listening “Literature” implies a written text. But what about the audiotext? Why do we refer to the “audience” (from the Latin audiens, listening) of a literary work? This course is about listening to literature and reading performance. ____________________________________
  • Archives

• Meta

• Join the blog.

If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.