It looks like every second week our class is going to be visited by some sort of dramatic weather event; this week it’s Tropical Storm Nicole. It’s going to be wet and windy tomorrow, but far from tornado conditions, so hopefully I’ll see you and your umbrellas tomorrow evening.

Also—I’ll talk about this in class, but I’ll announce it here so you can check your schedules—I’d like to arrange to meet with each of you to talk about your reactions to the class so far and your ideas about your final paper topic (and anything else that might be on your mind). Right before or after class is likely the easiest time for most of you, so for the next month or so I’m going to schedule three 20-minute meetings before and one 20-minute meeting after each class (at 5:20, 5:40, 6:00, and 8:15 pm). If those times don’t work for you, we can work something out. It’s not mandatory that you do this, but it would be helpful, I think. I’m posting a schedule here; you should leave a comment there saying when you’d like to meet, and I’ll update the schedule accordingly.

1.   nahmed

10/7 @ 6pm would be great for me if it were possible!!!

• Listening “Literature” implies a written text. But what about the audiotext? Why do we refer to the “audience” (from the Latin audiens, listening) of a literary work? This course is about listening to literature and reading performance. ____________________________________
  • Archives

• Meta

• Join the blog.

If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.